venerdì, novembre 05, 2004

Tassone in Pottsville, PA from Spadola

Good Morning:
I have some information for your one branch of the Tassone family that settled in eastern Pennsylvania in the early 1900's.

Concetta Tassone , (my grandmother) born in Spadola, married Bruno Tucci, also of Spadola, and they emigrated to Pottsville, Pennsylvania (Schuylkill County- approximately 90 miles northwest of Philadelphia) around 1903. Bruno worked in the anthracite mines and died in 1935 of anthrscicosis -black lung. There were four children of this marriage.

My aunt whom we called Aunt Mary who died in the early 1950's of complications of diabetes, Angelo who died in 1945 of black lung, Bruno who died in 1985 of Pancreatitis and Jane Elizabeth (my mother) who died in 1989 of congestive heart failure.

In Pottsville there were several other families named Tassone and they were all members of St Joseph's church. Perhaps you can learn more about them through the church. If I can be of further help to you I can be reached at the following addresses:

John B. DiNunzio
vico6@juno.com
gbad41@hotmail.com